Sunday 31 December 2023

Engaging Computer Scientists In Interdisciplinary Domains

Here's a talk I gave to Computer Science students to showcase how, with a few elective courses, they can very well work on a wider range of problems that don't traditionally lie in the field of Computer Science: Dr Brijesh Eshpuniyani on 10th May 2023 (youtube.com)

Here I discuss how they could work in the domain of Aerospace Engineering if they wish to. I'm sure it's possible to build bridges between computer science and other areas as well.

I think this talk also gives an example of how one can introduce research problems to undergraduate students. One has to find a balance between the amount of technical content presented, the speed at which it is presented, and the level at which it's pitched. I think I got it fairly right here. Hope some of my colleagues find it useful.

Note: While the audience was incredibly sincere, bright and committed, I have reservations regarding the chap running this college that are summarized here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/brijesh-eshpuniyani-8b845278_high-court-dismisses-delhi-bjp-candidate-activity-7114601754402467840-xNUg/

No comments:

Post a Comment