Tuesday 2 January 2024

Sports of the Primates

Some sports require skill, are beautiful to watch. Figure skating is my personal favorite.

But athletics I just don't understand! How long are we going to stay at the level of the primates, thump our chests like guerrillas and chimpanzees, and go: Aaooo Aaooo Aooooo...I can jumppa the highestta, I can run the fasttesta, ... aaooo aaooo aaooooo...

Then of course there's boxing: I can bash your facce with my fistssa... aaooo aaooo aaooooo...

[PS-1: And consider this for a moment: With all our knowledge of material science, we still play cricket with a ball that can, and does, kill! And the cricketing guerrillas and chimpanzees go: Aaooo Aaooo Aooooo...I can breakka your headdaa, ... aaooo aaooo aaooooo...

PS-2: Football (soccer) is of course not to be left behind in anything, including earning disgrace! Ask yourself: When was the last time you watched a game free of deliberate fouls? And what is that teaching our next generation? That it is ok to trip, push or shove someone when you aren't good enough to win on merit?]

The field of sports needs a serious reconsideration! It needs to come to terms with the fact that we are now in the year 2023 AD.

No comments:

Post a Comment