Friday 19 January 2024

I Am That

Below is a book recommendation, but first some remarks on a mistake many meditators (spiritual aspirants) commonly make:

You are seeing things upside down if 1) You hold thoughts such as "I am the Supreme Self" or "I am the Supreme Consciousness" or "I am Brahman" when pursuing activities in the world; and 2) You are thinking about what you did or did not or need to do or who said what when you sit to meditate.

No no no 😊! The right way is as follows:

1) When pursuing your activities in the world, focus 100% on what you are doing! Forget about yourself and who you are altogether and immerse yourself completely in whatever you are doing; and 2) When you sit to meditate, forget about the world altogether - past, present, future, everything - and simply be with the silence that you are.

With this clarity, I invite you to read one of the most fascinating books I've ever come across. This simple, unassuming man, cuts right through to the heart of the matter and can simply burn all illusions, delusions, obstacles down if you pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment