Tuesday 9 January 2024

Karma / Being Saved

I take whatever I feel is positive from every religion and philosophy. But I also raise questions where I'm not convinced.

For example, here's something I question in Christianity. No offense intended of course 🙂 and responses are welcome 🙂!

I'm told that if someone accepts that Jesus died for his/her sins, they are saved.

I question this. It seems too convenient. A shortcut. I would rather we take complete responsibility for our actions : past, present and future. Where's the self respect in someone else dying for our sins? If I've sinned, I'll bear my cross too. I prefer this attitude.

We call this the philosophy of Karma in the Hindu and Buddhist paths. Our present circumstances are the result of our past Karma, our past actions. And we take responsibility for shaping our future with our actions today. This viewpoint appeals to me more.

Furthermore, if someone does relieve me of my Karmic burden, why insist on me believing in him/her for my salvation? Let me realize this act of grace by myself. Gratitude will arise naturally. Let me be free to learn, explore, realize truths. Let my salvation depend on my actions instead of a belief.

Are you seeing what I'm saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment