Friday 12 January 2024

Swami Vivekananda: One of My Favorite Personalities!

Everyone has his/her favourite personalities and I respect everyone's choices 🙂.

One of my absolute favourite persons and someone I wish had lived on for a few more decades to guide the world to a higher state of wisdom is Swami Vivekananda. Naren, as I take the liberty of referring to him in affection, went too soon, way too soon 🙂.

He could do something that I have seen very few people do: Synthesize!

No matter whether you are a theist or atheist or agnostic or which religion or culture you belong to, read his works. He will touch you deeply and will awaken a sense of strength as well as humanity in you at the same time.

I prefer reading books in hard copy and gladly recommend that you get a set of his complete works and read a bit every day.

If you prefer reading online, here you go 🙂: 

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/complete_works.htm


PS: You'll likely agree with Swami Vivekananda on some points and disagree with him on others (which is a sign of an awake intelligence anyway :)), but more importantly, you will catch his spirit of ceaselessly pursuing knowledge and truth and an unflinching commitment to maintaining the highest character and integrity in every aspect of life.


With my best wishes, always :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment