Thursday 18 January 2024

Never Let Your Desires Make You Weak!

Voluminous treatises have been written on the subject of desire. But this short, simple, statement that a saint once made to his disciples hit home for me:

"Never let your desires make you weak."

Absorb this statement deeply. List out all your desires in your diary. Then stand in front of a mirror, look straight into your eyes, and resolve: "I know what I want and I'm going to work for it. If I get what I want, I'll celebrate. And if I don't get what I want, then too I'm none the less for it! I shall not grovel, I shall not bend at my knees, I shall not compromise my self respect and integrity, no matter what. My sense of inner completeness shall not depend on external gains and losses, victories and defeats. The world is transient. My sense of contentment and fulfilment within isn't. With this spirit, I play the game of life. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it - win or lose."

I look around and am just amazed at how easily people let their minds weaken! By all means buy yourself a bike or a car or a house if you want, or ask a woman or man you like out, but understand that you are not going to reduce in your identity even if you don't get all this, or if you get and then lose it all! You are going to be still you!

Are you getting what I'm saying?

We're all here for a short time 😅! Take life as a sport, as a game, enjoy it, be light-hearted, and when the referee blows the whistle, when the game is over, have a good laugh - win or lose, shake hands all around and come home!

PS: And please stop buying stuff on EMI 😅! Putting yourself in debt to buy a phone or bike or car is plain silly 😅! You don't have to prove anything to the world and don't need others' approval to be happy 😅! Most of the world doesn't care for you anyway, so who are you trying to impress and why 😅?

No comments:

Post a Comment