Tuesday 30 November 2021

Hindu-Muslim Relations: Full Truths Please!

I need references to neutral observers/authors/journalists/anchors who speak truthfully for both sides when it comes to Hindu Muslim relations.

I've read much, I follow many people on twitter, I've explored TV news, .... and I notice that most people have decided to join one camp or the other and speak part truths.

There are those who point fingers at Muslims 24×7. This is unfair.

Then there are those who portray Muslims as victims 24×7. This isn't the complete truth either! Kashmiri Pandit exodus did happen! Malda did happen! Growing up in Mumbai, I've personally witnessed riots instigated by both sides!

We need people who speak the truth in every circumstance. That's the only sane way forward. Otherwise we will play a perpetual game of see-saw and never arrive at a peaceful and harmonious coexistence.

I often remark: Every community needs to develop a capacity for introspection and self criticism whenever needed. Right now folks are doing exactly the opposite! Everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment